Saturday, May 22, 2010

You're Goin' in the Blog!

I no longer have the adult version of Justin Bieber's hairdo. Supercuts has come to the rescue yet again! I am now sporting the best hair cut fifteen dollars can buy! I am pretty sure that somewhere in my lineage is a patch of bamboo. "Grows like a weed" doesn't quite catch the essence of what happens on top of my head. And yet I am cheap.


I used to cut my own hair. Yes, I am that cheap. In fact I would still be doing it except Sylvia has requested that I "have a little style" on top of my head. I'll let others be the judge about how that turned out. On a long list of things that I worry about, "How's my hair?" is somewhat toward the bottom. When I was a teenager I used to tell my friend and neighbor, Kim, to cut it how she wanted. (She was licensed! I don't just go around asking random neighbors to perform grooming tasks...but Mrs. H used to do a mean pedicure.) Kim never would. Something about wanting to do what I wanted. Still today I told the hair cutter today "Cut it how you like. I don't have to look at it. Make it look like this but a lot shorter."

This poor girl kept asking me questions about, is this ok? ... and, how do want that...? I needed to finally ask her if she hadn't sensed the "theme" of this interaction. She kept talking about this and that and had a funny story about my Justin B. comment. She was very nice and eventually got through it. Shaky hands and all. It was all I could do to not say, "You're going in the blog!"

Of course that would have had the same result as when I blurt out my conclusion having had most of a conversation in my head...
"I know! He should have brought the other thing to show her."
(just a little glimpse into the fun that is Sylvia's life)

Anyway, I am finding odd things wherever I go. It's great! I am almost thinking I should be carrying a notepad around so I can try to remember all of it. As it is now people probably think I am some sort of high powered executive that needs to be in constant contact with his office. They would probably be disappointed if they knew I was typing, "Hair cutting Pizza parlor" or "but these are my hair braiding pajamas" into my phone. It'll just be our secret. Don't tell. shh

By the way, Hi Abbey. (I told her I would mention her in my blog if she became my even numbered follower.) She did, I just did, and then someone became my 15th the same day. It's ok though. My phone arranged followers in groups of 5 so 15 is symmetrical. And while I am on the subject...(wait, there was a subject? where? that was entirely accidental) doesn't everyone eat grapes in sets of two?

At this point my "this blog is going horribly and randomly out of control" alarm is blaring in my head and I think it is time to get out while I am behind. Thanks for listening and hopefully laughing a little. Laughter is the best medicine... unless you are trying to get rid of athlete's foot and then you should probably go with something anti fungal.

1 comment:

  1. About the grapes: Duh!
    I ate some Good 'N' Plenty* yesterday when I was on the way to see Kristiana's play and I had to eat them two by two. Bonus points if I had one pink and one white (Hey! They taste better that way!) but two of one color will also do.
    *If I am eating one white and one pink, then I call them Bad 'N' Not Enough!
    Is weird genetic? Seems to be!

    ReplyDelete