Saturday, May 22, 2010

Rain, Rain... Go Away!

Those of you who live near here know that it is not raining today, but it just did rain...in May...in California! Maybe I should be welcoming the rain because I am getting more followers here and many more comments. If the weather was nicer, people may be outside swimming, going to the ocean, seeing famous fountains, taking a walk along a babbling brook, visiting waterfalls, or maybe touring the Alhambra water bottling plant!

All right, I was trying to be clever but I fear that my very smart readers have seen through the ruse. I am a scientist at heart and rarely shy away from an opportunity to perform an experiment. Today's experiment revolves around some curious comments that have been coming in. I, apparently, have some sort of remote controlled, syntax stimulated, female bladder activator. (Women are telling me that reading my blog makes them need to pee.) If this is true, then it is perhaps the lamest super power I have ever heard of!

I mean really:
"Jeff the mayor needs your help! And this villain is right up your...um...alley."
(me, annoyed) "...female...right?"
"Yeah. Sorry. The mayor needs you to incapacitate her for 75 or 80 seconds while he comes up with a plan...or someone with a real super power."
"ok... I'll get my laptop."

I suppose I should register myself as urinary weapon.

I never knew that I had this ability. Not when we were visiting Niagara Falls, with its 150, 000 gallons of water falling per second. I didn't notice this ability at the synchronized swimming competition in the Olympic sized pool with its 600,000 gallons of cool, clear water. I didn't even realize it when we were in the hotel room in Tahoe...the one with the leaky faucet that just continued to drip...drip...drip...all night.

Originally it was just my sister who had mentioned this phenomenon and I figured it was just my sister being, well, my sister. But now the comments have spread to others. There may be something to this. I am not surprised that people are telling me this...I have one of those faces. I have since forever. And now, apparently, I have one of those blogs. Who knew?

Let me conclude by saying that I promise to use my powers for good and not evil... and also that I realize that with great vocabulary comes great bladder control!

1 comment: