Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Driver's Licenses for almost 14 Year Olds!

As I pry my eyelids open to take Kristiana to an early rehearsal for her part in an upcoming production of The Music Man, it came to me...Let's give driver's licenses to almost 14 year olds! Then I could still be sleeping instead of waiting for my body to realize that I have had enough sleep for the night...I have had enough sleep for the night...I have had enough sleep for the night. If I keep saying something I may start to believe it.



I also wish (not really) that I drank coffee. This seems to be a morning where someone who feels like me would relish the idea of paying 4 bucks to go to Starbucks! I understand the desire. I do not, however, understand the craving. I am not part of the coffee club. I have nothing against caffeine, I am not worried about the cost (yes I am), and I get that there are things that people enjoy to a craving level. But I do not understand that people who have noses can put this hot bitter liquid to their lips and drink. I am sure the drinking part is more desirable than cleaning out the filter but not too much more. I get Sylvia's coffee ready for her at night and set it to start brewing early in the morning. That reminds me...I'll be right back.



Had to prepare it for her and bring it to her in bed. No seriously, ask her. Anyway, where was I. Oh yeah. Cleaning out the filter is just about the worst job in the house. I can imagine the first coffee makers...I think it was the Cappuccine monks...talking about that first pot.



"OK Brother. We have burned the beans from this plant. We crushed them and filtered hot water through them. I have an idea...now let's drink the wash water."

"Yes! And now I have a sudden desire to charge copious amounts of money for this."

"Yes, Yes! And what exactly is Half Caff No Whip?"



Seriously though, when I empty the coffee grounds out of our environmentally sound reusable golden filter it lets me experience exactly what it would smell like if a skunk were to spray into a dirty ashtray. Or is it just me? I mean tastes differ so I suppose smells can too. I understand. I would like to announce (so I don't alienate any future sponsors of my million-making blog) that I fully support Fourbucks, I mean Starbucks and appreciate all they do for the economy.

In addition to this rambling about coffee, as my brain begins to clear, I would like to announce that I have another "follower" of the blog! Thanks Craig! It never occurred to me that all I needed to do was mention people by name and they would start to follow. That gives me an idea. I would like to do this systematically though. So Aaron Aaronson, today is your lucky day! So there you go. It may take a while to get to your name but I will try...(I would also like to give a shout out to Bill Gates, Donald Trump, and the entire staff over there at Random House Publishing!)

1 comment:

  1. You know, I agree. 14 year olds should be able to get a license. I mean, I could drive to the store and get you whatever you wanted!! K thanks. Think about it.

    ReplyDelete