Sunday, November 14, 2010

I Do Know Where Canada Is, Eh

It has been brought to my attention (because I am a guy and a lot of things would go unnoticed if they weren't) that I was a little late in my changing my blog tag.  It now reads that it is internationally renowned (thanks to my uncle).  My friend, Sophie, correctly pointed out that this blog was already international...due to the fact that she lives in Canada.  My uncle lives in Thailand.  It all gets very confusing...to me. 

I have been to school.  I have a few college degrees.  I have even, yes I know it's hard to believe...seen a globe!  I know that Canada is a different nation than the United States.  When I flew over to Germany (another country...got one right!) I have to tell you I was a little disappointed that the states and countries were not different colors like all of the map puzzles I have ever put together have lied about.  Cartoons lie too in that regard.  I was so shaken.  Next someone is going to try to tell me that "hill cows" really don't have two short legs on one side and two long ones on the other.  AND that they wouldn't fall over and start to roll down the hill if they tried to turn around.  If anyone needs me I'll be in the corner with my fingers in my ears....LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

So back to my uncle.  He flew in from Thailand to bring his newly graduated son to the states so he can look for a job.  (I know, terrible timing)  We went out for dinner and we were talking about what was going on.  I started to tell a story and I said, "I wrote about it in my blog.  Have you ever read it?"
"Yeah, I tried to read it once but something didn't work."
"That's ok.  You tried.  I'm going to change my blog to internationally renowned!"

I put that on Facebook and Sophie asked, "Is that because of me?"
"D'oh!  Well, to tell you the truth I am not exactly sure where you live because the ground didn't change color when we drove through the border crossings!  It could have been Minnesota...Eh." 

Now to alleviate tensions and hopefully stop an international incident and prevent a war before it starts (you know how those Canadians from Canadia are) Sophie and her family (one of whom happens to be my awesome God-daughter...thank you very much!) live in Quebec and I only heard one person in all of Quebec say "Eh" at the end of a sentence.  And that was from a waitress who was there on a cultural exchange program, Eh.

I need to apologize to Sophie, her family, and all of the Canadian peoples who read my blog (which totals approximately....let's see, carry the two...Sophie) for leaving them off of the status of internationally renowned blog.  I'm sure Blogger.com will be sending some sort of plaque to commemorate the occasion, eh.

So I am going to sign off for now.  It takes a lot out of a guy to prevent a war this early in the morning.  And I haven't even had my bowl of frosted flakes yet.  (small "Fs" on purpose...we can't afford Tony's brand)  Of course if Kellogg's wanted to send me, say, a pallet of them, I would be willing to mention them in the blog.  Wait.  Oops.  Guess that was for free!  But you won't get me to admit that my voice is an almost perfect match for the "THEY'RRRRRRE  GRRREAT!" guy.  Wait, D'oh!!

At this point I want to say that I was goofing around and I really wouldn't have room for a pallet of cereal.  It wouldn't fit into the garage.  Because that is where the brand new convertible BMW is going to go...and if BMW gives me one I will stop telling my joke that compares BMW drivers to porcupines...ask me in person, I try to keep this blog "G" rated.  I do want to tell my loyal readers, both of you, that I have finally been compensated for writing this blog.  I wrote, when I was sick, that I was "hopped up on Zicam and orange juice" just because I thought it sounded funny. (I was taking Zicam though)  I got a comment from someone who works with Zicam.  Jin wrote, "I read about you having a sinus cold.  Sorry you aren't feeling well.  If you go to this link you will find a coupon for $2.00 off of the nasal gel"  There you have it.  The power of the Blog!  Seriously, Thank you very much Jin!  You are the first to pay me.  That might even get you a part in the movie they make about my life...I of course will be played by Tony Shaloub.  I wonder if Shakespeare started this way?...eh.

OK, I really need to go now!  I have a geography class to take.  It's taught at the local pre-school.  They know that Canadians are from Canadia.  I just hope they have the puzzle that shows California is really orange.  I like that one...eh.


P.S.  I almost never do this...but...I found something out about my little corner of the internet.  Apparently I have been international for quite some time.  Whenever someone sends it as a link to a friend or shares it on Facebook, it spins off all over the globe.  Thanks!  Keep sending it out there!  It seems there is a button on here that lets me check into where the people are who are reading my blog.  I have been read in 10 countries!  Including Trinidad and Tobago! (And I do not have any friends or uncles in Trinidad and Tobago or is it Trinidad or Tobago)  Also, I am being read in Russia.  It's the second largest group after the United States!  Oh no!  Maybe the blog is being used as a torture device in Siberia.  Allow me to apologize again...eh!

3 comments:

  1. My little one asked me what is the name of the pink country. Unfortunately, her map puzzle is at school and I probably wouldn't know anyway (unless it was Canada).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have gone with Poland. Poland is always pink. They are the world's largest distributor of Pepto Bismol you know. (Quoting me during games of Trivial Pursuit can be hazardous to your piece of pie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to be in that movie ;)

    ReplyDelete