Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I Am Thankful, Thankful Am I

I wanted to take a short amount of time to check in and write a smidgen about what makes me thankful this year.  Believe it or not there is an "obligatory thankful clause" in the Terms and Conditions section of this website.  When you sign up in section 32 it says, "You must write a warm and fuzzy entry describing things that make you thankful toward the end of November.  Failure to do so will call your patriotism, your punctuality, and even the expiration date on the milk in your fridge into question."  Section 33 says that I must haul Bill Gates around in a rickshaw for one week out of the year.  I gotta start reading those things more closely.

Anyway, I am truly thankful.  I am thankful for everything...the end.  I told you I was just going to write a little.

No, seriously, I am thankful for all the usual things that people who actually read and follow the terms and conditions.  Not like those slackers who think they can write whatever they want near the fourth Thursday in November.  Even recipes for moister turkey.  I am thankful for my family, my job, my need for sleep that keeps me as far away from black Friday sales as possible.  I am thankful for my computer, my fingers, and the ability to put those two things together in a way that makes sense...well occasionally anyway.  I have been blessed in so many ways I am filled with gratefulness.

I am trying to be thankful for things that I can do for others and not for things that I have.  I have gotten some comments telling me that I am making people laugh with my silly ramblings.  I am thankful for the ability to do that. 

I am thankful for... I am thankful for... I am thankful for everything!  Good and bad, happy and sad, ups and downs, comedians and clowns.  I appreciate it all.  I try to stay positive in most situations (yes most, I am human) and remember that God has allowed me to do, say, hear, feel, experience, touch, learn, teach, and love everything that I encounter.  Without Him I would be sitting in a corner sucking my thumb and wondering when all of the bad stuff would just stop happening to me.  (Much like without Sylvia I would be driving in circles around, lost, in the middle of Illinois...but to a smaller extent)  Bloggers don't typically do the end zone dance when finished writing for the day but you can imagine me kissing my fingers and pointing at the sky when I finish...the end zone dance is saved for when I get comments from famous people. (my sister has been in the paper...that's famous) 

So my wish for you is a happy Thanksgiving.  May you appreciate all things in your life and be truly thankful.  God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment