Thursday, April 28, 2011

Did I Mention Bonnie Hunt?

This blog post is addressed to the astute, observant reader.  Two days ago, in the midst of a spring break induced writing frenzy, I attached a label 'Bonnie Hunt' to the post.  Upon careful reading of that post you may notice that there is no mention of Bonnie Hunt in my writing.   I did not mean to cause any undo stress or confusion among my readers.  It was merely an oversight on my part.  Allow me to explain.

Sure, I could go back into the settings of that posting and delete Ms. Hunt's name from the label section.  I do not have the seconds that it would take for me to do that.  Instead, I will take a half an hour now to explain why I don't.  Time management was never my strong suit. 

It was a chilly April morning and I was reeling (not really) from remembering a repressed memory about an airport, a bathroom, and some disturbing graffiti.  The airport was in Chicago and I know, from watching her show not from stalking in any way, that Bonnie Hunt has a strong connection to Chicago.   I was also going to make some sort of smart alec remark that, since I had already declared that Bonnie is my celebrity girlfriend, when she asks me to fly my family in to meet her family, show us around the city, and eat Thanksgiving dinner together, I would need to fly into a different airport.  Someone with a Sharpie has forever besmirched the image of O'Hare. 

That's it.  I didn't want scare anyone or make anyone think I had started to lose my mind...especially since we all know that the marble losing process had already begun early on in my childhood.  I would also like to inform Ms. Hunt that my team of therapists have already explained that a signature on a restraining order does technically count as an autograph so I will stop trying to contact you since I already have about six "autographs" framed on my wall.  Ok seven.  And they all have those brass artwork lights over them.

Thank you for your time, dear readers, and I just want to mention that this month has been the blog's most viewed month ever!  By more than a hundred people!  I have also taken another step toward fame (but not fortune).  I am starting to get mail asking me to visit and then "like" other people's blogs.   I was so excited that I had comments only to find out that they were essentially ads for their blogs.  One almost sounded like it was a Nigerian prince who wanted me to like his blog.  I am not sure how to handle that one since I am still recovering from the other Nigerian prince, and his millions of dollars, not returning my calls. 

Thanks for reading.
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment