Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thank You!

Yesterday I wrote about my desperate need for attention.  (It was subtle but it was there if you read carefully...you know, between the lines.)  I was rewarded by having many, many people go and visit my blog and wish me a happy birthday on Facebook.  I would like to say thank you.  I appreciate it all!

Thanks to you all this month has been the third most visited that it has ever been.  The first of course was that month when I gave away something in a contest.  You remember, the one of a kind artwork, styled solely for the readers of this blog and penned in the handcrafted fashion that can only be described as an early American masterpiece...otherwise known as a doodle.  Well people clamored to the site to submit their applications for ownership.  It was mentioned as the second greatest gathering of people trying to get something, only surpassed by the black Friday that didn't involve pepper spray.  (according to the New York Times)  I think there were well over six people who came to that event...electronically.

I realize that you have many choices when selecting your entertainment and the fact that many of you keep coming back to read this is humbling.  I will try to continue to write in the same manner to which you have become accustomed.  Whatever that is.  I would like to say that without readers like you and the kind words you say I would be banging out this drivel for no reason at all.  It brings to mind a quote from none other than my lovely wife, Sylvia, when she repeatedly says,  "Don't laugh.  It only encourages him!"  Thank you for encouraging me.


Don't worry that I have been making desperate pleas for followers and begging for attention.  I will be right back to the hard-hitting reporting about the silliness in my life soon enough.  Here's to silliness!  Here's to Friends!  Here's to thanks!  No seriously, thank you from the bottom of my heart.  And I suppose it could have been worse...I could be thanking you from the heart of my bottom...but I digress

Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment