Sunday, March 27, 2011

Getaway!

I know, I know...some of you can't wait very long for a new post.  (Sue)  I will take a quick minute to let you know that I am still alive.  Efforts of the kids notwithstanding. 

Sylvia and I were able to get away from here for an evening at the beach.  We left Friday after teaching and came home the next afternoon.  I'm not going to tell you what day that is because I do not want to be compared to that poor girl who made the video and is being tortured on the internet.  And if you don't know what I am talking about you need to get some teenagers in your life.  They are awesome.

Anyway, Sylvia and I "won" highest bid at a charity auction for the hotel gift certificate.  At Santa Cruz beach, overlooking the water, it was awesome.  And even though the advertisements for the room talked about the WiFi capabilities and how great it is, I left the laptop home.  It's not that often that both of the kids are away at the same time and I wanted to have time with my bride.  No blog.

I did happen to see a few signs and a news report that I will write about later, but for now this is the post explaining why there hasn't been a post.

Additionally, I was entirely grateful to see that I had been blessed with another follower.  My dear friend Teri has joined the fray.  Not only am I thankful that more people are stopping by, but Teri is blessed number 32 which we all know is the number after 31 which is, ick, a prime number.  Thanks Teri, I feel much better now.  ;-)

1 comment:

  1. So glad we could get away - rain or not - the beach is always a wonderful place to go. Loved being able to go on a date with you. Love you lots!

    ReplyDelete