Friday, June 21, 2013

We're Here!

Just a quick note to let everyone know that we arrived safely in Munich.  The trip over was Uneventful for the most part and after many hours of travel, we are in the friendly arms of Sylvia's cousin and family.  It is very nice to invade a country (and household) and feel welcomed with generosity and friendliness.  The kids are getting reacquainted as their family came to visit us last year.  We have rented a camper and are planning on taking it to many parts of Germany, Austria, and even Italy where Sylvia's uncle and aunt are vacationing (I guess we can go to Italy if we have to).

We have not had a lot of time to adjust to the nine hour time change but we were up early this morning and planning to take the S-Bahn (train) into Munich.  We have been told that the possibility of parking a camper in the city is zero percent.  We decided not to take those odds and purchase a family pass for traveling.

I have decided to chronicle our trip on this format for two reasons...one, it is already set up and people are accustomed to visiting here, and two, my mother absolutely refuses to join Facebook so unless I write it here she will feel left out.  I hijacked her computer and joined this blog as a subscription so these will be sent to her as an email.  I have no pictures on this iPad as of yet but will post some as soon as I am able.  The little city of Landsberg is as beautiful as I have seen and we had a little walking tour yesterday.  I have explored the panorama feature on my phone to capture much of the architecture.  For now, you will just have to believe me.

It is nearly time to eat breakfast (at midnight our time) so I will sign off for now.  I hope you enjoy this sidebar from my regularly scheduled nonsense.

Jeff, Sylvia, Kristiana, Jacob, and Ruth (Sylvia's mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment