Thursday, February 23, 2012

Happy Birthday Sylvia!!

I am the luckiest man on Earth!  At the risk of sounding like I am writing about our anniversary, I am married to my best friend.  I could not be married to her if she weren't born...so Happy Birthday Sylvia!  

As a thank you to Ruth, my mother-in-law and Sylvia's mom, I always stop by on the morning of Sylvia's birthday to say thank you for, "Borning her in pain." (Ruth's words)  Barring accidents and oversleeping, today will be no different.  Thank you Ruth for raising such a caring and wonderful daughter.  I hope you think I am doing a good job being her husband, in your eyes.  

To Kristiana and Jacob...would it kill you to put your dishes in the dishwasher?  It's mommy's birthday for crying out loud!  Just kidding (not really)  I hope you realize how lucky you are to have her as your mommy.  She would easily give up everything for you.  She will protect you when needed and allow you to learn a lesson when warranted.  I don't think I ever told you this but when you were born, Kristiana, mommy said to me, "I love you with all my heart.  You know that.  But to look at this little child of ours, I can't describe it, the love I feel for her is like none other that I have ever felt before."  Sorry Jake, you were born a deep shade of purple and they had to shout things like "code 999 stat!" while they tried to resuscitate you, so we didn't have the whole Hallmark moment with you.  You should both know that mommy wants the best for you and works hard to make that happen.

To Sylvia, Thank you for putting up with me.  Thank you for giving me two wonderful children, an inviting home, and a heart full of love.  Thank you for not smothering me with a pillow when I didn't hear the baby crying way back when, and also now while I try to snore the hallelujah chorus nightly.  Thank you for having a heart for helping others and for being relentless when fighting to heal others.  Thank you for having a heart that loves God and for being the type of woman that, when your feet hit the floor, the devil says, "Oh crap, she's up."  Thank you for standing by me in good times and in bad, for encouraging me, for allowing me to do what I love.  I wish I could buy you your house in the mountains.  I wish I could take you to Hawaii.  I wish we could re-live our wedding and go to Jamaica again!  I wish I could shower you with everything that you deserve.  We've done the "poorer" portion of our wedding vows...what do you say we cross our fingers for the "richer" part to come our way.  I have to admit, however, that walking hand in hand around the lake or even just to the store, is my favorite place to be.  Happy Birthday Honey!  I Love You!

And finally, dear readers...for you I have a request.  Today, as you know, is my lovely bride's birthday.  I was thinking that it would be fun to get greetings from as many of you as I possibly can.  I know that I have people who have stumbled upon my blog from places near and far and I would like to get well wishes to give to Sylvia from all over the globe, in as many languages as I can.  If you would be so kind as to leave a comment for her, here on the blog, I would appreciate it.  She would too.  I mean help a guy out...this is the only present I have for her!  (kidding!)  (not really)

Thanks!

5 comments:

  1. Aunt Sylvia, you are an elegant woman and a beautiful role model. I wish I lived a bit closer to my California family, but I can be thankful for a day to celebrate you being placed here on earth as a gifted edition to our lives. Have a fabulous birthday!!

    Tiffany O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday dearest friend and sister. I wish you a wonderful day!!! I am very lucky to have you in my life.

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Sylvia. Have a great day ! Jeff, you are such a romantic husband, I Love it.

    Aunt Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best wishes for a great birthday Sylvia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday from far off Newark, CA!

    ReplyDelete